sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] stuck in a rut

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] stuck in a rut
  • Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 13:57:34 -0700

in regards to everything being in ram, you could turn off the tmpfs
option, then it will try and take advantage of the file system cache
(probably better in the long run anyways).

also try turning off all power management.

view the compile log for glibc (someone posted a trick to get the compile
log onto another machine, try that out)

one thing that paranoid people like me do is copy your /lib (minus
subdirs) into say /tmp/lib then add /tmp/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf and run
ldconfig ive had some trouble building glibc where it mysteriously tossed
the libraries it was using, and hung itself and the system.

and of course make sure your sorcery is current, not an older tarball
lying around.