sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] if anyone tried the ut2003 demo

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Geoffrey Derber <Geoffrey.Derber AT Trinity.Edu>
  • To: Jeremy Kolb <jkolb AT brandeis.edu>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] if anyone tried the ut2003 demo
  • Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 13:14:57 -0500

I just thought I'd point out, only do this if /usr is on the root partition and not its own partition, because if it is on its own partition, upon reboot you will have a kernel panic. Now if /usr is its own partition, what I'd recommend doing is copying libgcc_so.so into /lib and then adding /lib/libgcc_s.so into /etc/ld.so.preload.

Geoff

Jeremy Kolb wrote:
hey all, just to let you know that if any of you try the new unreal tournament 2003 demo you need to do that trick to solve the nvidia drivers (/usr/lib/libgcc_s.so into /etc/ld.so.preload) because it complains of a missing symbol __moddi3. the reason i am posting this is because i am not sure if this is an epicgames problem or that same glibc problem that's plagueing the nvidia drivers. incidentally nvidia released new drivers a few days ago that fix the __divdi3 problem, i tried them and they work fine.

Jeremy