sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Where to file bugs against modules/libgrimoire?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Casey Harkins <charkins AT upl.cs.wisc.edu>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Where to file bugs against modules/libgrimoire?
  • Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 13:26:17 -0500 (CDT)

I just filed a bug (#960) that occurs in the modules/libgrimoire file. I
was unsure which "Component" to use in bugzilla. Should a "modules"
component be added to the list, or even a component for each module? I
used "Sorcery" for the time being.

BTW: The bug I filed is in gather_docs(). The for loop is broken which
attempts to copy the various documents to the /usr/doc/$SPELL directory.
It does this:

DOCS='README* INSTALL* FAQ* CHAN* doc* DOC* *doc conf SETUP LICENSE COPYING'
for i in $DOCS
do
cp -r $SOURCE_DIRECTORY/${i} $DOC_DIR 2>/tmp/DEBUG.cp
done

For some reason the loop only gets executed once, and $i ends up with the
full contents of $DOCS. Doing this interactively from a shell seems to
work:

casey@zorak:~$ DOCS='README* INSTALL* FAQ*'
casey@zorak:~$ for i in $DOCS; do echo ${i}; done
README*
INSTALL*
FAQ*

The attached script does pretty much the same thing and also seems to
work.

#!/bin/bash