sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] how can i patch gcc3.1 to 3.2?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Joel Mayes <j.mayes AT optushome.com.au>
  • To: Jeremy Kolb <jkolb AT brandeis.edu>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] how can i patch gcc3.1 to 3.2?
  • Date: 17 Aug 2002 09:48:13 +1000

Jeremy Kolb <jkolb AT brandeis.edu> writes:

> yeah, sorry about the confusion. i have gcc 3.1 and i want gcc 3.2
> when that becomes available in the grimoire. but i am on a dial-up so
> it takes many many hours to download the complete gcc package, i did
> however download the two .patch files from gnu.org. one from gcc 3.1
> ->
> 3.1.1 and the other 3.1.1 -> 3.2. what i need to know how i can patch
> these to the current 3.1 tarball to get 3.2. is this even "legal"?
>
> Jeremy

OK; :)

I did this with X, before I got cable it should be as simple as
uncompressing the tarball, applying the patches, re-taring then
moving the file to /var/spool/sorcery

Cheers

Joel
--
Sourcemage GNU/Linux /~\ ASCII Ribbon campaign
Linux so advanced it may as well be magic \_/ stop HTML mail and news