sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] news.sourcemage.org is on the air

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Mads Laursen <dossen+sgl AT daimi.au.dk>
  • To: Ryan Abrams <rabrams AT sourcemage.org>
  • Cc: Source Mage Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] news.sourcemage.org is on the air
  • Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 17:13:41 +0200

On 12/08/02 09.49, Ryan Abrams wrote:
> First guess is that it's a PHP oddity. It may not be escaping the +. What
> error does it give you exactly?

The error is:
The email address provided does not appear to be a valid email
address

This leads me to blame some kind of validation code in the news-engine.

> An alternative would be to replace the + with something else (if possible)
> or run rules in your engine. (again, if possible)

As I stated originally I cant use option one, since I'm just a
"common" user. But I will be adding it to my procmailrc, if/when I get
more mail from the news engine (not that I'm expecting that huge traffic
from it).

It's just that '* ^To: dossen\+sgl' is such a nice catch-all rule to
keep a bit of order in my mail, that I tend to report it as an error
when it is rejected.

/dossen