sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] open source, the law?

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew Stitt <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] open source, the law?
  • Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 11:23:38 -0700

I just saw a post about this in my LUG's forum

Open-source software advocates will unfurl a legislative proposal next
week to prohibit the state of California from buying software from
Microsoft or any other company that doesn't open its source code and
licensing policies.

article:
http://news.com.com/2100-1001-949241.html

  • [SM-Discuss] open source, the law?, Andrew Stitt, 08/11/2002