sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Re: [SM-Grimoire]So much time, so little to do. Hold it. Scratch That. Reverse it. OK.

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Eric Sandall" <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: " Source Mage Discuss" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>, " Source Mage Grimoire" <sm-grimoire AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Re: [SM-Grimoire]So much time, so little to do. Hold it. Scratch That. Reverse it. OK.
  • Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 10:56:45 -0700 (PDT)

Chris Brien said:
<snip>

> You're missing the point.
>
> I'm a Guru and I use CVS. Now, if I were to help out another Guru for a
> moment, I can as long as he uses CVS. If he were to use perforce, I
> would also have to use perforce to make any changes, since the CVS
> repository wouldn't have anything like the latest versions.
>
> Now, this other Guru that uses perforce decides to help me out. He makes
> changes in perforce, and yet I don't have those changes because I'm
> using CVS. He would then have to change his working method to CVS in
> order to help.
>
> This is why they need to be synced. Whichever repository someone decides
> to use must be up-to-date. We can't let some sections of CVS become
> outdated. You could of course get the latest perforce changes out of
> the tarball and then update CVS manually in order to work with CVS, but
> this mostly defeats the purpose of using any revision management
> system.
>
> We're using two systems to allow freedom of choice. We can't let one
> choice be the poorer cousin.
>
> I want this thread to die, too. Sorry again.
>
> Chris
> aka zero_the_hero

This is exactly my point for the original thread....lets just get them
syncing in both directions and then everyone will be happy.

EOD

-One of Three

eric AT sandall.us | http://www.sourcemage.org
http://www.sandall.us/~sandalle | SystAdmin @ Inst. Shock Physics @ WSU
ICQ: 667348 | http://www.shock.wsu.edu/

  • [SM-Discuss] Re: [SM-Grimoire]So much time, so little to do. Hold it. Scratch That. Reverse it. OK., Eric Sandall, 08/10/2002