sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] elvis trouble

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew Stitt <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] elvis trouble
  • Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 15:52:38 -0700

Ive been having a lot of trouble using elvis (the vi clone), this
morning it was not able come up in console mode, i was unable to find
any descrepancies between the 'good' version on my spare computer, and
the 'broken' elvis on my desktop. The broken elvis comes up in ex only
mode when run from a console and if told to open in termcap mode says
the database is unavailible. I had recompiled elvis on my desktop this
morning, prior to this problem, ive now recompiled it on my spare, and
it is having the same problems. ideas anyone?

Andrew