sm-discuss - RE: [SM-Discuss] OpenOffice spell

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Derber, Geoffrey" <Geoffrey.Derber AT Trinity.Edu>
  • To: "'sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org '" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [SM-Discuss] OpenOffice spell
  • Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 08:14:24 -0500

We already looked at the lunar version. From my understanding, I didn't
look at it personally, but some other people did. Feel free to correct
me if I got this wrong. But basically what their spell does, is it
temporarily installs everything to one directory, then runs the install
watch to copy everything to another directory. It's a really nasty hack
which we decided wasn't worth it since the current open office spell is
just a temporary place holder until we can get a source based spell to
work rather than the binary.

Geoff