sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Wiki

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Ryan Abrams" <ryan.abrams AT attbi.com>
  • To: "Nicholas K. Jennings" <nkj AT namodn.com>, "Eric Sandall" <sandalle AT hellhound.homeip.net>
  • Cc: "Source Mage Discuss" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Wiki
  • Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 20:36:22 -0500

We wont disable that feature for two reasons:

1) We can't unless we switch wiki's (again) - or code it into this one
(possible)

2) That defeats the point of the wiki. The idea is that its open and free.

A better solution is just to ask team members to take a moment now and then
to check the recent changes page, and look at some diffs. That way any
mischevious dorks will be quickly undone.

That said, a login system could be good when we grow. Or at least a section
for static docs that arent in the wiki.

Working on it.

-Ryan