sm-discuss - RE: [SM-Discuss] Reducing the ISO

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Ari Steinberg <ari.steinberg AT stanford.edu>
  • To: Casey Harkins <charkins AT upl.cs.wisc.edu>, "Derber, Geoffrey" <Geoffrey.Derber AT trinity.edu>
  • Cc: "'Eric Womack '" <eric AT lasvegasdata.com>, "'sm-discuss '" <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [SM-Discuss] Reducing the ISO
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 17:38:29 -0400

More possibilities for removal:
Any of those text editors. Have the user choose their default editor during install (I think this is already something that is chosen in fact), and install only that one (include, of course, numerous editors on the disc). I'd like to go through the list and pick out all the editors, but I don't have access to Linux at the moment and I'm afraid of making an ass out of myself by mistakenly labeling a package as an editor when it's not.

Also, lynx seems a bit unnecessary.

I think those are the only ones I noticed that haven't been mentioned yet.