sm-admin - [SM-Admin] Announcing PPC ISO

sm-admin AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer Only Discussion List

  • From: Unet <unet.42 AT free.fr>
  • To: sm-admin AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Admin] Announcing PPC ISO
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 00:32:01 +0100

Hi everyone

After 5 days of struggle, I finally made a working ppc install iso!

It's using a 2.4.23 (vanilla) kernel, as xfs caused me problems (I'll give it
a try tomorrow though). There are several points to keep in mind:
* It's still at an alpha stage (even if I got a working install out
of it :p)
* Everything is compiled for 740 arch (i.e. g3 +), that's a point
that needs
discussion on whether we are to support pre-g3 arch,
* I still need to do several spells (notably mac-fdisk) to put in
stable
* There's a problem with hwclock, I will have a look at it

That's it - I will upload an ISO tomorrow or later in the week

Stay tuned!

Kevin "Unet" Dahan

  • [SM-Admin] Announcing PPC ISO, Unet, 01/02/2004