seedkeepers - Re: [Seed Keepers] Alpine Strawb seed Everbearing

seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Seed Keepers

  • From: oowonbs@netscape.net
  • To: seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Seed Keepers] Alpine Strawb seed Everbearing
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 15:07:49 -0500

Question:
is the everbearing trait common among any modern commercial varieties
or is this something you see in old varieties?

Maybe someone at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BerryFruits
would know. I'd certainly be willing to look.
Good question. But let's guess.

Commercial guys want to harvest all at once and send workers
and equipment away. Everbearing suits most canners poorly too,
but not all, as many home types want a few berries, for a long time.
That's me... everbearing. Day neutral is the next iteration.
Come to thiMk of it, there is a post on this somewhere.
I'll look it up. It doesn't (I thiMk) answer *your* question specifically,
but mebe it does...?

And the list could use a rep from seedwhatevers...

Truth in advertising, this is yet another list I started to learn.
It did attract a few vetrans, abn d, aside from mushrooms, (legal)
is one of the best lists I have done...

Always room for another mod or owner...
BillSF9c