seedkeepers - [Seed Keepers] OT - onion transplants

seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Seed Keepers

  • From: "Teresa H. Ebie" <teresaebie@earthlink.net>
  • To: <seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Seed Keepers] OT - onion transplants
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 11:57:36 -0700

I recently ordered some onion transplants that were supposed to arrive in early April, but they arrived Saturday. Can anyone tell me the best way to keep them alive for at least 3-4 weeks, and preferably longer, until I can plant them? We still have snow on the ground. Should they be cool & moist, or dry? Light or dark? Would my root cellar, which is about 39 degrees F & 90 percent rh, be too cold and/or too moist? Should I try to pot them up temporarily?

Any help is much appreciated.

Teresa