scythe - Re: [scythe] Scythe demo at Bristol Permaculture convergence

scythe AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Scythes & Scything

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl AT intrex.net>
  • To: Scythes & Scything <scythe AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [scythe] Scythe demo at Bristol Permaculture convergence
  • Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 15:22:56 -0500

Niels Corfield wrote:

All those in the UK, I have arranged a scythe demo for the SW, Bristol Permaculture Convergence.
If anyone else would like to come along and wield the scythe, it would be much appreciated.

The date for the event is the Sunday 26th of November, thought the demo maybe on Monday, this bit not confirmed yet.

It will be a valuable opportunity to demonstrate the power of the scythe to the permaculture community, and meet and network for the future.

If those internationals have experience with this kind of event let us know.
I am under the impression that the job will be mainly clearing of weeds etc on an urban/allotment site, ie no meadows.

I hope you will take pictures and otherwise document the event to post to
this list and to
your pix galleries. Could you post this announcement to the permaculture list?

It will be interesting to see which scythe blades, snaths etc. will be used
there.

I plan to take pix of all the blades I have bought from Peter and some from
Scythe Supply when Elliot was
running it, which came from Peter. I have some that were manufactured during
and before the 1930's.
My short lightweight bush blades are a real trip. Others I have should exist
in a museum they are so nice.

Peter recently discussed the ash snaths made by a manufacturer in Slovakia.
There are pix of them in Scythe Connection.

LL
--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
Venaura Farm
lfl AT intrex.net
info AT market-farming.com
IM: lawrence.london AT pandion.be & lfl AT amber.org.uk
Market Farming
http://market-farming.com
Venaura Farm, sustainably-grown produce & garden handtools
http://market-farming.com/venaurafarm
Venaura Farm Blog
http://venaurafarm.blogspot.com/
Venaura Farm Gallery