scythe - Re: [scythe] Scythe custom search engine on Google CoOp

scythe AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Scythes & Scything

  • From: Niels <mudguard AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Scythes & Scything" <scythe AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [scythe] Scythe custom search engine on Google CoOp
  • Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 17:23:34 +0000

Loz,

On 03/11/06, Lawrence F. London, Jr. <lfl AT intrex.net> wrote:
Niels wrote:

> Lawrence,
>
> Looks good.
> How do we add links to the search engine?

The only way I can add anyone is to send them an invitation. They then reply by going to the
special link provided by Google, requiring a Google account login; if you don't have one then you can create one there
and then. After that you are taken to the search engine homepage where you are listed as a contributor and can start
adding links. I have already sent you and invitation. If anyone else would like to be in this group or if you want to
recommend any people just send me email addresses or post them here.

OK, will check my status.

I think this will be a good beginning for us. The Delicious bookmarks sharing resource will be helpful also as it will
give us a chance to review suggested links before adding them to the engine. I'll try to get that going today.

I have extensive delicious bookmarks, check them out for ideas.
Not so many on scything though.

I'm especially enthused about scything these days as I will have a great need for a variety of scythes as I maintain my
4 acres of market gardens. Also, I talk with Peter Vido about twice a month and learn many new things about the history
of scything, modern day use, maintenance of scythes and improvements in snath design. I can say that He and his family
have written the book on scything. Their website is a very fine resource with many excellent articles well worth reading
by anyone who has integrated scythes into their gardening, permaculture or farming maintenance programs. Scything should
become an inegral part of any permaculture system a practitioner designs and implements.

I agree, wholeheartedly, it's just time now to start to convince the permacumunity this also.
A manifesto or similar call to action could be one of bases for the work of the group.
What do you think, guys?

Cheers,
Niels

--