reps - Re: [REPS] FW: REPS 3 queries

reps AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Information exchange for REPS (Rural Environment Protection Scheme) Planners (Republic of Ireland)

  • From: Ute Bohnsack <sustag AT eircom.net>
  • To: reps AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [REPS] FW: REPS 3 queries
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 12:36:57 +0100

Friday, July 2, 2004, 1:55:33 PM, you wrote:
pen> Hi all,
pen> I forwarded a list of queries to Dept. on REPS 3 and received the
enclosed reply. Just thought some of you might be interested / may be of
benefit.

pen> Regards

pen> Pat Minnock

Hello Pat and welcome to the list.
Thanks for posting those Q+A's. That's exactly the kind of exchange I
have been hoping for.
I share your concerns re the REPS3 Yr 3 signing off. My guess is I'm
not the only one familiar with blank record sheets handed in on
receipt of the 1C form. I dread the thought of being presented with 3
years worth of blank record sheets. The other all too familiar
scenario is the "oh by the way I rented some extra land a few months
back" situation, also upon presentation of the 1C.
The Dept. really must send out a very strong message to the farmers to
let them know (once again) that it is their responsibility to maintain
records properly and to declare area changes. While this has always
been the case, those who expect the farmers to diligently and
correctly discharge their responsibilities in this regard in my
opinion live in a state of denial.

On another matter:
How do you deal with the 60/95 form since the change from gross REPS
area to gross LPIS area for payment purposes?
Say I have ten plots all within the one LPIS area and the LPIS total
does not match map hectares as is usually the case.
Do you tweak the map hectares to match the total or do you put map
hectares into the 60/95 (i.e. 60/95 total area does not match LPIS
total)?
It'd also be nice to hear the Department's take on this.

Cheers,
Ute Bohnsack
(List owner)