pleurothallid-l - Re: [pleurothallid-l] New member introduction

  • From: "Bell-Games, Tom" <tbellgames@burnip.com>
  • To: "pleurothallid-l@lists.ibiblio.org" <pleurothallid-l@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pleurothallid-l] New member introduction
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 20:38:33 -0400

From: pleurothallid-l-bounces@lists.ibiblio.org
[pleurothallid-l-bounces@lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of Vanessa Castleberry
[vmax_pchem@mac.com]
Sent: Monday, May 03, 2010 6:35 PM
To: pleurothallid-l@lists.ibiblio.org
Subject: [pleurothallid-l] New member introduction

Hi,

A little personal history: I have just completed a PhD in Physical
Chemistry. It was challenging and fun, but it's nice to be done. I am
looking at taking a job with a rocket engine manufacturing company, so keep
your fingers crossed! I am married and we have three shelter cats that share
our home.

Okay, now to the interesting part: I am a greenhouse/terrarium grower in
Central Texas. I just love my pleuros, in all of their variety. This last
weekend, I attended the Oklahoma Orchid Society's show that was combined with
the spring AOS members meeting. I went to the Pleurothallis Alliance
meeting, and promptly signed up to be a member! I offer you my list
below...not all of them are or have bloomed, yet. There are some that I feel
immense relief just to see them make it through the summers down here. Two
years ago, my husband built me a humidifier/cooler that kept the greenhouse
in the low to mid eighties when outside it was in the triple digits.

I enjoy learning about these little gems and was glad to meet with a bunch of
pleuro enthusiasts this weekend. Also, I ended up bringing a couple more
home, but they haven't been added to the list, yet! I hope to get know some
of you online and, maybe we will meet at a meeting some day.

Regards,

Vanessa Castleberry

Condylago rodrigoi
Dracula inaequalis
Dracula lotax
Lepanthes calodictyon
Lepanthopsis astrophora 'stalky'
Masdevallia angulata
Masdevallia discoidea
Masdevallia Equisite Mary
Masdevallia exquisita
Masdevallia floribunda 'A'
Masdevallia imposter x floribunda
Masdevallia infracta purple
Masdevallia livingstoneana
Masdevallia mejiana
Masdevallia Nancy
Masdevallia nicaraguae
Masdevallia Rosemary
Masdevallia sijmiana x self
Masdevallia zahlbruckneri
Physothallis cylindrica
Platystele stenostachya
Pleurothallis amparoana
Pleurothallis brighamii
Pleurothallis cardiothallis
Pleurothallis cypripedioides
Pleurothallis gracillima
Pleurothallis grobyi
Pleurothallis minutalis
Pleurothallis ornata
Pleurothallis pachyglossa
Pleurothallis palliolata
Pleurothallis pterophora
Pleurothallis rubella
Pleurothallis sertularoides
Pleurothallis sonderana
Pleurothallis sp #6 Panama
Pleurothallis tribuloides
Pleurothallis truncata
Scaphosepalum fimbriatum
Scaphosepalum rapax
Scaphosepalum verrucosum
Stelis argentata

Note:
These electronic documents are provided by Burgess & Niple (B&N) as a
convenience to our clients.
The official document is available as a manually signed, initialed, or sealed
hard copy. If there is a discrepancy between electronic files and the hard
copies, the hard copies shall prevail.
It is our professional opinion that this electronic information provides
information current as of the date of its release. Any use of this
information is at the sole risk and liability of the user. The user is
responsible for updating information to reflect any changes in the
information following the preparation date of this transmittal.
The delivery of this information in electronic format is for the benefit of
the owner for whom the services have been performed. Nothing in the transfer
should be construed to provide any right to third parties to rely on the
information provided, or that the use of this information implies the review
and approval of Burgess & Niple.