pleurothallid-l - [pleurothallid-l] FW: from Bada aka Ulysses: Moving Sale (orchids)

  • From: "Lynn O'Shaughnessy" <freespirit@pleurothallids.com>
  • To: <pleurothallid-l@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [pleurothallid-l] FW: from Bada aka Ulysses: Moving Sale (orchids)
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 20:28:37 -0400

Dear All,

This is a message to all my orchid/plant buddies I've met through the years
either through Gardenweb or elsewhere. I apologize for the mass email
and if I cause any inconvenience in your receiving of this email
unsolicited. There will be no following emails otherwise.

***

Why the sale
My relationship of many years has ended recently and the (former) SO and I will be separating soon. Because of this, I have to give up almost all my orchids as I just won't be able to care for them by myself. The sale of these plants are solely to help out with expenses as I transition to live on my own.

Why you
I thought to email all you first before I start looking to OS's and
vendors as I wanted above all to give the plants to those who would
really appreciate them AND can take care of them adequately and give
them a good home…particularly to those I know and trust.

The Plants
The plants I offer are all from my personal collection. I have mainly
species, some hybrids all that I have grown myself. Some of them are
quite hard to find.  Attached is the list of my plants as an excel sheet.

I divided the list into 4 separate categories as worksheets on in excel (each list below has taps at bottom of workbook):

1. Complete species/hybrid list, sorted by NAME
2.Sorted by GROUP - these are all the plants grouped by class or whatever
they call them these days- catts, paphs, vandaceous, etc.
3.PLEUROTHALLIDS- these are what I mostly grew, many are in good state.
4.MINIATURES- these are the compilation of all the plants of the above
that are miniatures, should you choose to be interested in size first
(I know many of you are running out of space...)

Let me know if you cannot view the lists.

I also have a number of non-orchids I need to give up, if you are interested, please email me and I can send you the list. These compromise of a couple carnivorous plants, a number of gesneriads, and various "tropical foliage"; and if you do bonsai, a number of shohin sized tropical bonsai.

Pricing

 I have them priced loosely according to what I bought them for, or to what the current state of the plants (some not-so-hot are cheaper, for instance, or more established full plants are more expensive). I tried to price them to just below the lowest general vendor value of the species/hybrid.

If you are really interested in a large number of plants, I will gladly lower the price as it would be a great benefit to give them off sooner than later. If you would really like a certain plant specifically, also let me know and we can talk about pricing for that instance. like i said, I'd rather my plants go to those who can AND will try to grow them well.

Ordering
I would be very thankful of any requests for plants. Just email me the list of plants you want. First come, First serve. Ideally I'd like to move out ASAP, so any orders you set I'll ship ASAP. Email me to talk about what you would like to pay, and how to make payment (usually check, but can accept credit card orders through paypal- but still have to figure that out.) I will probably have to charge actual shipping costs as well, but we can figure that out. I will ship on Mondays and Saturdays, please let me know of any weather circumstances before shipping. I realize it' very, very hot in many parts of the country, and can wait till a coolr time to ship, if need be.

Questions
Any advice or suggestions or inquiries regarding culture, size, etc on plants are welcome, since these were my babies for so many years... feel free to ask. Especially if you'd like recommendations on plants for terrarium setups or whatnot.  I also have pictures of some of them should you request to see the actual plant or flower.

Feel free to forward the list
If you know of anyone else who might be interested – especially the Pleurothallids – please forward the list on.

****

Once again, I'm sorry if I inconvenience you by sending this unsolicited email.
I really appreciate any support you can give me, as you can probably imagine, this is a really tough time for me.

Thanks everyone!

Ulysses

Why keep checking for Mail? The all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta shows you when there are new messages.