pleurothallid-l - Re: [pleurothallid-l] wardian case plans

  • From: Chad Sarles <wsarles@yahoo.com>
  • To: pleurothallid-l@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pleurothallid-l] wardian case plans
  • Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 14:46:01 -0500

Michael,

I recently built a case myself for my 25 (or so) Draculas.

I used much of the information at the following link to create my own:

http://www.orchidlady.com/wardian1.html

I made adjustments as necessary. I see about 85-90% humidity during the day and I adjust it so there is about 70% humidity at night using timers for my ultrasonic humidifiers. I am using 6 fluorescent tubes above. With some lava rock on the floor of the case and constant air movement, I am seeing about a 5-6 degree drop inside the case compared to the room temperature. My Draculas seem to love it. They have been putting out new growth ever since I put them in there.

Hope this helps...
Chad