pleurothallid-l - [pleurothallid-l] Re:seeds, trades, webs etc.

  • From: Goldorchid@aol.com
  • To: pleurothallid-l@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [pleurothallid-l] Re:seeds, trades, webs etc.
  • Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 23:29:56 EST

Hello all on this list,
     Comcerns have been brought up-mostly on other venues or in person to me about the way this is going & I have to try to make volunteerism clear in this case. I have a few disjointed thoughts... They come from many places, at night, during the week, when I'm too tired to "pay attention"- I'm trying now...
     If you do not have an electron microscope, can you see a Pleuro. seed?
     On the topic of the Pleurothallid Alliance "web site" (www.pleurothallids.com) & it's attachment to  Lynn O'Shaughnessy (freespirit @ pleurothallids.com)- she set it up AND maintains it at no cost to the Alliance. She would accept no payment for 1/2 of her costs to maintain the site for the Alliance & will not do so in the future. She has solicited  & supplied links to other Pleurothallid Growers that can be found on the site, along with her own list of plants for sale, all at her own expense. If any of you can help with more people/ growers of Pleurothallids, National or International, you know that would like to be added to the list, let either of us know. (With contact Info.)
     Carlo Balistrieri is one of the founders of the Alliance & is the person who set up this list-with his own time, patience & expertise! Both are doing this with the idea of sharing knowledge not $
     We are all learning to find our way in this new technology- (Me especially!) & patience is appreciated.
     The whole idea here is the sharing of knowledge, habitats, growing tips & maybe "Sex on a Saturday night":)- This talk of pollen trading is borderline "risque", "R" rated?
     Seriously, this is a growing, blossoming, learning venue.
     Please keep asking us questions & giving your 2 cents worth, lurking or not...
Kathy in MN
Kathy Creger president, Pleurothallid Alliance   goldorchid@aol.com