pleurothallid-l - RE: [pleurothallid-l] mounting restrepia

  • From: "Bell-Games, Tom" <tbellgames@burnip.com>
  • To: <pleurothallid-l@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [pleurothallid-l] mounting restrepia
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 10:11:31 -0500

What is a good wood for mounting restrepia....
----
I have always just used cork bark. Sounds like you want something natural
looking? You can get very large pieces of cork bark from OFE at very
reasonable prices. I really think Restrepia do best mounted, at least for me.

I have a beautiful Restrepia mendozae (sp?) on tree fern that is just coming
into bloom with four or five buds - very pale yellow. Of course it hadn't
opened for the meeting last night nor for the judging center monthly meeting
a week or two ago.

Tom Bell-Games