pleurothallid-l - Re: [pleurothallid-l] mounting restrepia

  • From: Carl Gustafson <cgg25@drexel.edu>
  • To: pleurothallid-l@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pleurothallid-l] mounting restrepia
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 10:02:06 -0500

What is a good wood for mounting restrepia. I want to cover a branch with these little jewels. We have maple, grapevine, native cherry & apple.. Would these work? Anybody out there have restrepia to trade or sell, I;m always looking for new species to add to our collection

Maple and apple decays too easily, in my experience. Grapevine may work, rhododendron does, and oak will last (if it doesn't get shelf-bracket fungus), but some roots don't like oak. Locust is supposedly good, but I haven't tried that.

Carl "Always experimenting" Gustafson