pleurothallid-l - [pleurothallid-l] Re: Marcus' environment

  • From: Goldorchid@aol.com
  • To: pleurothallid-l@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [pleurothallid-l] Re: Marcus' environment
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 20:35:54 EST

To Everyone,
     Marcus gives a good account of what happens "naturally" in his environment, in his country, on his land! It is a very nice thing that he can tell us so much to understand how these little things live in his area! It is good information on how to adapt our conditions to fit more closely to "natural'.

     I have been asked by several people that were at the meeting in Sacramento to ask you to all be more specific in the area you are growing in than "Florida" or "Minnesota" or "Brazil". Maybe if we mention the nearest city that people could look up on the map we might all get a better idea of the growing conditions. I have been told the panhandle of Florida is completely different from the Miami or 'Keys" area & that some people would be more willing to help answer questions if they knew  "where" they were talking to & whether it is under lights, aquarium, greenhouse, etc..

Kathy in Minneapolis, MN now- where we are getting another hard freeze tonight & I was at a sunny 90degree F. pool in California yesterday & bought orchids from Brazil (Floralia) on Thur.

  • [pleurothallid-l] Re: Marcus' environment, Goldorchid, 10/26/2003