pleurothallid-l - [pleurothallid-l] Masdevalia meadows?

  • From: Ron Maunder <pondeeza@enternet.co.nz>
  • To: pleurothallid-l@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [pleurothallid-l] Masdevalia meadows?
  • Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 13:00:19 +1300

Lyn's trip to Ecuador reminds me of a question?

We read in old books of the areas in Colombia (or New Granada) where Masdevallia coccinea grew up there in the Andean meadows in their thousands and in their wonderful range of colours. Has anyone on the list seen them flowering in situ like that or have they long since gone? Are there any colour pictures of them there in more recent books or magazines or in members slide collections they could tell me/us about? I'd love to get my hands on some pictures. Perhaps the guerillas have them all to themselves nowadays!

Ron Maunder
--

Paradise Orchid Nurseries, P.O.Box 16006, Bethlehem, Tauranga, New Zealand

Contact - Phone/Fax (64) 7 552 5570
Email pondeeza@enternet.co.nz (mailto:pondeeza@enternet.co.nz)

  • [pleurothallid-l] Masdevalia meadows?, Ron Maunder, 10/04/2003