piw - PIW 0.3.0

piw AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Permaculture Information Web

  • From: Chad Knepp <pyg AT galatea.org>
  • To: piw AT lists.ibiblio.org, pcplantdb AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: PIW 0.3.0
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 18:47:35 -0500

Well, it's not done yet, but 0.3.0 will allow users to add and edit
plants (botanical names, synonyms, and common names), plant
descriptions, suitable locations, and cultivars. I've updated the
database to handle authorship of these objects and now need to
implement server and client methods before a 0.3.0 release sometime by
the end of the week (hopefully). This will bring the up the level of
functionality significantly.

I realize that the current version 0.2.4 (cvs rel_0_2_4) has not been
tested hardly at all. Additionally I would like to freeze and branch
either 0.3.0 or 0.2.4 to stabilize and debug before pushing it onto
the main www.permaculture.info server (currently running 0.1.6 or some
such) in order to get more eyes on it and show something less stale.
Sound like a plan?

I will also be halting this recent development flurry shortly for 1-2
weeks (starting early August) in order to do some concentrated
construction projects. This should allow time for more bug testing
and squashing.

Cheers,
Chad

--
Chad Knepp
python -c 'import base64;print base64.decodestring("cHlnQGdhbGF0ZWEub3Jn")'

  • PIW 0.3.0, Chad Knepp, 07/25/2005