piw - PIW we want YOU.

piw AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Permaculture Information Web

  • From: Stephanie Gerson <sgerson AT stanfordalumni.org>
  • To: pcplantdb <pcplantdb AT lists.ibiblio.org>, <piw AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: PIW we want YOU.
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 10:34:06 -0700

greetings to the Lovely members of the PIW Community,

You are invited to join in on the PIW design process. Following is a
list of a things we’d appreciate your help with, if you are willing:

1. Play around with the latest release of PIW, available at:

Dev.permaculture.info

Please keep in mind, PIW is in active development and data entry might be
lost (although unlikely). Try using the normal and advanced search
functions. Notice what doesn’t work, and think of other features you’d
like to see. Make a list of your observations and edits…

2. …and enter them into the issue tracker! What is the issue tracker,
you ask? Well, it’s a system that allows you to submit your feedback on
PIW releases. Please read the following doc for a brief introduction:

http://www.permaculture.info/wiki/index.php?n=QAAndTest.WritingBugs

Then register and use the issue tracker at:

https://www.arashi.com/roundup/piw/index

(Note: this will not work if you are using IE on a Mac. If so, please
switch to Mozilla, Netscape, Safari, or Firefox, or contact John at
john AT eco-living.net for assistance.)

3. And finally, as you know, PIW intends to represent ecological
relationships between plants. How do we translate this intention into an
interactive user interface? Please read and make comments on this doc:

http://www.permaculture.info/wiki/index.php?n=Main.RichClient

(Button to edit page at the very bottom.)

Allright, if you have any questions, feel free to ask. Thank you for
your participation!

holy guacamole,
the PIW team

Stephanie Gerson
sgerson AT stanfordalumni.org
(c) 415.871.5683

  • PIW we want YOU., Stephanie Gerson, 07/21/2005