piw - Re: PIW [pcplantdb] , Eden and PFAF

piw AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Permaculture Information Web

  • From: Chad Knepp <pyg AT galatea.org>
  • To: pcplantdb <pcplantdb AT lists.ibiblio.org>, piw AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: PIW [pcplantdb] , Eden and PFAF
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 11:56:05 -0500

Stephanie Gerson writes:
> This is great, Chad. Thanks for corresponding.
>
> > http://permaculture.info looks very interesting, but I could not
> > find anything more than a KeyWord search. Not very advanced
> > compared with the http://www.ibiblio.org/pfaf/D_frames.html
> > engine. Maybe I'm wrong???
> >
> > Why don't you expand/improve the pfaf-engine instead of building a
> > own system?
>
> How do we make it obvious to users that Eden IS an improvement on the
> PFAF-engine? Once again, how is this database different from all
> others...

Well I see it the other way. When it's obvious to others that Eden is
an improvment over PFAF... then it is, not much we can say to change
their mind, only do. As Yoda once said.... never mind. One of my
friends still uses PFAF more than PIW primarily because it includes
the usefulness rating. These are the kind of hints I take very
seriously.

Cheers,
Chad

--
Chad Knepp
python -c 'import base64;print base64.decodestring("cHlnQGdhbGF0ZWEub3Jn")'

  • Re: PIW [pcplantdb] , Eden and PFAF, Chad Knepp, 07/17/2005