piw - [piw] [Fwd: COMMENT: Pinus densiflora]

piw AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Permaculture Information Web

  • From: Richard Morris <webmaster AT pfaf.org>
  • To: Permaculture Information Web <piw AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [piw] [Fwd: COMMENT: Pinus densiflora]
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 08:38:32 +0100

This was quite an interesting comment.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: COMMENT: Pinus densiflora
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 23:06:42 -0400
From: Nobody <nobody AT metalab.unc.edu>
To: webmaster AT pfaf.org

Sun-Kee Hong (landhong AT yahoo.co.kr) added the comment:

I would like to send one of important information about distribution of Pinus densiflora forest in Korea. Pinus densiflora is major vegetation of Korean pennisula. It is also mixed with Quercus mongolica and Quercus serrata in some place. Agriculture of Korean tradition had been related to use of this forest (timber and fertilizer) of rural landscape.
In current, pine forest in urbanized area in Korea including Japan is changed to other forest by natural succession.

Here I leave a important reference of Pinus densiflora in Korea.
This is my paper published in international journal. I wish your site can refer this paper as one of database of your site.

*Hong S-K (1998) Changes in landscape patterns and vegetation process in the Far-Eastern cultural landscapes: Human activity on pine-dominated secondary vegetations in Korea and Japan. Phytocoenologia 28(1): 45-66, Berlin-Stuttgart, 31 March

  • [piw] [Fwd: COMMENT: Pinus densiflora], Richard Morris, 04/18/2005