piw - [piw] Hyperbolic Tree Indexes for The Jepson Manual Treatments

piw AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Permaculture Information Web

  • From: Richard Morris <webmaster AT pfaf.org>
  • To: PCPLANTDB <pcplantdb AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Permaculture Information Web <piw AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [piw] Hyperbolic Tree Indexes for The Jepson Manual Treatments
  • Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 08:20:14 +0000

Folks,

Just found a good example of a visual rep of a plant family tree.

See
http://ucjeps.berkeley.edu/Jepson_hypertree.html
for the intro and
http://ucjeps.berkeley.edu/Jepson_conifers.html
for an example for the conifers.

Works a bit nicer that the toughgraph stuff, apart from a very anoying screen flicker. Very good if we have a strict tree structure, less good if we allow more connections so its no loger a tree.

Rich

  • [piw] Hyperbolic Tree Indexes for The Jepson Manual Treatments, Richard Morris, 02/09/2005