person_county_beekeepers_association - Re: [PCBA] Lost queen

  • From: Randall Austin <s.randall.austin AT gmail.com>
  • To: Karin Winstead <karin4199 AT gmail.com>, person_county_beekeepers_association AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [PCBA] Lost queen
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2017 22:19:49 -0400

Karin,

It sounds like you've answered your own question. Patience is a virtue, especially in beekeeping. From your description, the most likely scenario is that everything is progressing as planned with respect to the colony requeening itself and you may see new brood in a couple of weeks. Attempts to intervene would likely be expensive, difficult and ultimately unsuccessful (assuming that the colony is in fact in the middle of the requeening process).

Randall