person_county_beekeepers_association - [PCBA] Lost queen

  • From: Karin Winstead <karin4199 AT gmail.com>
  • To: person_county_beekeepers_association AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [PCBA] Lost queen
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2017 15:57:07 -0400

I think I have lost my queen...again. (New package from April). Full
inspection of all 3 levels. Some small pupae seen, so I'd guess departure
was 5-7 days ago.

There was a queen cell, open on the bottom. I didn't catch any swarm
evidence but can't swear to really knowing if I have fewer bees than 2 weeks
ago when I last inspected.

Do I sit tight and hope a mated queen returns? This worked well last
time...just not sure if time of year matters.

Thanks.

Karin Winstead
Sent from my iPhone