person_county_beekeepers_association - [PCBA] Do you have a REAL honey recipe?

  • From: Randall Austin <s.randall.austin AT gmail.com>
  • To: PCBA <person_county_beekeepers_association AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [PCBA] Do you have a REAL honey recipe?
  • Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2016 16:46:47 -0400

All,

I need some help with an article I'm thinking of writing for November, just in time for Thanksgiving.

Do you have a wonderful recipe that uses honey? Not just any recipe will do... it must meet four criteria:

1) it must use a lot of honey, not merely wave a jar of honey over something.

2) it cannot use honey simply as a substitute for cane sugar -- it has to be a REAL honey recipe that you can't make with another sweetener. Or if you did, it genuinely wouldn't be the same thing. I get frustrated with "honey" recipes that you could just as easily make with anything sweet.

3) it cannot just be something like "make blah blah blah and pour a cup of honey over it." I already know that recipe and I use it a lot.

4) it has to be something that you've actually made and actually enjoyed. Bonus points if somebody other than you actually enjoyed it too. Bonus points and a gold star if it is something that fits the Thanksgiving theme. Bonus points, gold star and I'll name one of my chickens after you if you make it and bring some out to my house!

Baklava is a great example of a REAL honey food that uses a lot of honey. Honey cotton candy works too (hey, the State Fair starts next week!). If you have good recipes for either of those, I'd love to see them.

I won't give a prize for the best one but IF I get enough recipes that I like and IF I end up actually writing an article about it then I'll lavishly praise you in print!

You can reply directly to me (s.randall.austin AT gmail.com).

Thanks,

Randall Austin

  • [PCBA] Do you have a REAL honey recipe?, Randall Austin, 10/05/2016