person_county_beekeepers_association - [PCBA] Planting the Veterans Memorial garden begins tomorrow

  • From: Lynn S Wilson <wilsonls AT esinc.net>
  • To: Person County Beekeepers <person_county_beekeepers_association AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Undisclosed-recipients: <>;
  • Cc: Stan & Nena Morton <lsmorton AT esinc.net>, Susan J Hodges <susanjhodges AT gmail.com>, Richard Vining <rbvining AT gmail.com>, Doug Robinson <drobinson117 AT embarqmail.com>
  • Subject: [PCBA] Planting the Veterans Memorial garden begins tomorrow
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 16:18:05 -0400

White tennis shoes are not advised...:) Susan says we'll need to stay on the
grass, as much as possible, to keep out of the mud. We may enjoy some rain
but the National Weather Service forecasts that wind and hail will be out of
the picture by morning.

We have inkberry hollies, fothergilla, cotoneaster, rosemary, beautyberry,
abelia and more to go into the ground. Shovels, trowels and workgloves will
be useful. We hope to get all the shrubs and grasses planted between 9 AM
and noon tomorrow and be back on Monday morning during those hours to plant
the bulbs and perennials. (I especially can't wait for everyone to see the
paprika yarrow, the blue salvia and the white swan coneflowers.)

The address is 304 South Morgan Street right beside the County Office
Building. Look forward to seeing you there! There is space for lots of cars
in the Board of Education parking lot ... in case we need to make a dash in a
deluge.

PS--
Thanks to Frank Hayward for putting up and checking the rain gauge.

  • [PCBA] Planting the Veterans Memorial garden begins tomorrow, Lynn S Wilson, 09/29/2016