person_county_beekeepers_association - Re: [PCBA] EpiPens save lives - help fight Big Pharma's greed and price gouging

  • From: Todd Walker <mtwalker AT imageray.net>
  • To: Person County Beekeepers <person_county_beekeepers_association AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [PCBA] EpiPens save lives - help fight Big Pharma's greed and price gouging
  • Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2016 18:25:47 -0400

So buy the cheaper one or pay more for the ease of use of the EpiPen.

Things are priced based on demand and value to the customer. The cost of
manufacturing is of little relevance.

If Epipens cost $600 to make would they still be expected to sell them for
$200 if people thought they were too expensive? Since they only cost $1 to
make, how much profit should the government allow them to make? At the old
price of $200 that was a markup of nearly 20,000%. Everyone seemed to be
okay with that. Why is 20,000% markup not gouging and 60,000% markup is.
Some would argue that a company shouldn¹t markup a product more than 100%.
In that case Epipens should sell for $2.

On 8/27/16, 5:38 PM, "Person_County_Beekeepers_Association on behalf of
Lynn S Wilson"
<person_county_beekeepers_association-bounces AT lists.ibiblio.org on behalf