person_county_beekeepers_association - [PCBA] Bee Package Release

  • From: "Whitney Barnes" <spud1296 AT charter.net>
  • To: <person_county_beekeepers_association AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [PCBA] Bee Package Release
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 07:25:12 -0400

Please let us know if you are an experienced beekeeper and would be willing to assist any of our new beekeepers in releasing their packages any time between Thursday and this weekend.

If you are a new beekeeper and would like to have someone come and assist you with releasing your bees, please let us know that also.  Several people gave us their contact information at the meeting, but if there are others out there, please let us know by tomorrow.

And lastly, if you are going to be setting up new hives, please go NOW and stock up on 10lbs bags of sugar.  You will need about 20 lbs of sugar for 3 gallons of water.  It takes 3 to 4 gallons of water to fill two hive top feeders.  I hate math so I found this website had the best syrup recipes/purpose http://www.virginiahoneybee.com/content/feeding-mixing-water-and-sugar  I have found its easiest to mix it up in 5 gallon buckets which can be purchased at local hardware stores.  Just don’t mix it up before Thursday as it can mildew very quickly.

Whitney