person_county_beekeepers_association - Re: [PCBA] What are my bees doing?

  • From: Randall Austin <s.randall.austin AT gmail.com>
  • To: donnasteen AT yahoo.com, LIST SERV <person_county_beekeepers_association AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [PCBA] What are my bees doing?
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 14:21:39 -0400

A good possibility is that they are getting water from the moist soil. The soil has all sorts of mineral salts that would be attractive in liquid form. I often see my bees messing in the soil of my gravel/mud driveway after a rain exactly as your bees are doing, presumably for the same reason.

Randall