person_county_beekeepers_association - [PCBA] Fwd: [NCSBA-Chapters] Thanks for apiculture webinar

  • From: Mary Deitz <mdeitz625 AT gmail.com>
  • To: LIST SERV <Person_County_Beekeepers_Association AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [PCBA] Fwd: [NCSBA-Chapters] Thanks for apiculture webinar
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 11:25:45 -0400

FYI
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David R. Tarpy via Chapters <chapters AT ncbeekeepers.org>
Date: Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 11:16 AM
Subject: [NCSBA-Chapters] Thanks for apiculture webinar
To: chapters AT ncbeekeepers.org
Cc: NCSBA Committees <committees AT ncbeekeepers.org>

Hi everyone,

Last night, we had our latest webinar on apiculture and beekeeping. The topic was an update of some of the ongoing research projects here at NC State. We had 256 individuals log on and join, with at least 3 broadcasting to their entire local club! Thanks to all of the CES extension agents who assisted in making it happen for their local beekeeper clientele, as well as to the Durham County Beekeepers for hosting.

We recorded the session last night, which is now posted on the Collaborate system. The webinar webpage on our website lists all previous and forthcoming webinars. That link can be found at:

Several of you had requested this recording with the intent of projecting it for your local chapter on their regular meeting date, so again thank you for doing so. I think it should make for an effective monthly meeting, stimulating much discussion. It may be helpful to have a Q&A afterwards with yourself or other experienced beekeepers within the club.

Keep posted on our webpage for upcoming webinars in this series. In the meantime, let me know if you have any questions, and thanks again to everyone! Sincerely, David

David R. Tarpy
Professor and Extension Apiculturist
Department of Entomology, Campus Box 7613
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC  27695-7613