person_county_beekeepers_association - [PCBA] Beekeeping (or non-beekeeping) Host Family Still Needed

  • From: Michael Todd Walker <mtwalker AT imageray.net>
  • To: <person_county_beekeepers_association AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [PCBA] Beekeeping (or non-beekeeping) Host Family Still Needed
  • Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2014 16:58:07 -0400

Hi Everyone,

I spoke to The Youth For Understanding field director today about the exchange student. Inge and I would love to have him stay with us but obviously we have our hands full right now. I offered to mentor him in beekeeping and invited him to our meetings and field days. She said that they still haven't found a family for him. The Orange County schools are maxed on exchange students for this year so it needs to be Person County. If anyone would be willing to host him (even temporarily), please contact Lisa directly. Her contact info is below and I have included her previous emails.

~Todd

---- Her last email

Thank you for your email and congratulations on the new baby!  Sadly at this moment, Simon is still without a host family. The deadline for finding him a home was Tuesday, but has been extended until Friday (tomorrow).  If he still comes, I hope he will be placed in the Person Co area so he can take advantage of your offer to attend meetings and workshops.  This would be a wonderful opportunity for a YFU student!

I am grateful for your support and assistance with Simon’s placement.  If there is any other Beekeeper member or friend who might be interested in hosting or being  a short time arrival family, please contact me right away.

---- Her Original Email---

Local YFU director in Roxboro seeks Person Co host family for 15 yr old Simon from Germany.  Simon learned to appreciate nature from spending time with his grandfather, a beekeeper. Simon also plays Trumpet in an orchestra and enjoys skiing in the winter. Friends describe him as polite, humorous, and reliable. Simon is eager to experience the American lifestyle, discover new activities, meet interesting people, and cheer for the team at your local high school. Arrives mid-August for the full school year.

Host Families provide a home, 3 meals a day, and common sense parenting. Students can share a room with a sibling but need their own bed. Students bring their own spending money, health insurance, and are ready to live as a member of your family.  Not a tourist or travel experience, this is a typical living experience.  For info call Lisa Mizelle, 336-330-0140 or visit our web site at www.yfuusa.org

Lisa

Lisa Mizelle
Field Director
Southeast District
Youth For Understanding USA
Telephone: 336.330.0140
Toll Free: 866.235.9795 x2247
Fax:877.680.7997 Or 240.235.2115

  • [PCBA] Beekeeping (or non-beekeeping) Host Family Still Needed, Michael Todd Walker, 09/04/2014