person_county_beekeepers_association - [PCBA] Fwd: [NCSBA-Chapters] update

  • From: Mary Deitz <mdeitz625 AT gmail.com>
  • To: LIST SERV <Person_County_Beekeepers_Association AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [PCBA] Fwd: [NCSBA-Chapters] update
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 10:18:56 -0400

FYI
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Marie Wooten via Chapters <chapters AT ncbeekeepers.org>
Date: Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 7:47 PM
Subject: [NCSBA-Chapters] update
To: "chapters AT ncbeekeepers.org" <chapters AT ncbeekeepers.org>

NCSBA Chapters,
Dr. John Ambrose has given me permission to notify you of the status of his health.  He was diagnosed on Saturday with a brain tumor and underwent surgery yesterday at Rex Hospital in Raleigh.  He spent last night in Intensive Care and moved to a room today.  I just spoke with him a few minutes ago and he is "upbeat" and has an amazingly positive attitude.  There is a chance he will leave the hospital on Friday and spend time with his son during a recovery period.  The Master Beekeeper Program has been put on hold for now.  Please keep Dr. Ambrose in your prayers and hope for a quick recovery.

On a very sad note, J. D. Foust passed away yesterday.  As many of you know, he was a great and long-time friend to NCSBA as a Past President and in many other ways.  His funeral arrangements are:

Graveside Service
Thursday, Sept. 4, 2014
11:00 a.m.
Bethel United Methodist Church Cemetery
6364 Snow Camp Road
Snow Camp, N C

Memorial Service
Friday, September 5, 2014
2:00 p.m.
Edenton Street United Methodist Church
228 West Edenton St.
Raleigh, NC

Hopefully, many of us will be able to attend.

Best Regards,
Julian Wooten