person_county_beekeepers_association - [PCBA] Fwd: [NCSBA-Chapters] Wolfpack's Waggle April 2014

  • From: Mary Deitz <mdeitz625 AT gmail.com>
  • To: LIST SERV <Person_County_Beekeepers_Association AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [PCBA] Fwd: [NCSBA-Chapters] Wolfpack's Waggle April 2014
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 14:31:44 -0400

FYI
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David R. Tarpy <drtarpy AT ncsu.edu>
Date: Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 1:24 PM
Subject: [NCSBA-Chapters] Wolfpack's Waggle April 2014
To: County Listserv <ncsba-chapters-list AT rtpnet.org>
Cc: NCSBA Executive Committee <ncsba-list AT rtpnet.org>

Hi everyone,

Please see our latest issue of the NC State Apiculture Program's newsletter, which can be found at:

http://entomology.ces.ncsu.edu/apiculture/wolfpacks-waggle-newsletter/

Feel free to disseminate as you see fit.

Also note the launching of our new initiative, the 2014 Swarm Collective. This is a citizen-science project aimed at collecting varroa-mite counts from beekeepers and analyzing the data to determine which treatments are most effective at lowering mite levels. Measuring mite levels is something that all beekeepers should be doing anyway, so this will be a great chance to pool our information together! We will also be presenting our next apiculture webinar on June 19th about this research project, so be sure to put that on your respective calendars as well.

Thanks, as always, and please let me know if you have any questions! Sincerely, David

******************************
David R. Tarpy
Associate Professor and Extension Apiculturist
Department of Entomology, Campus Box 7613
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC  27695-7613
TEL: (919) 515-1660
FAX: (919) 515-7746