person_county_beekeepers_association - [PCBA] Meeting on January 16 - your attendance is important!

  • From: Lynn S Wilson <wilsonls AT esinc.net>
  • To: Undisclosed-recipients: <>;
  • Cc: Person County Beekeepers <person_county_beekeepers_association AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [PCBA] Meeting on January 16 - your attendance is important!
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 08:16:34 -0500

Please come to the PCBA meeting on Thursday, January 16 at 7 PM at the Person County Office Building at 304 South Morgan Street, Room 165.   Even if you have not signed up for Bee School (this will be the opening class), your participation will help welcome new beekeepers.   Plan to stay after the program to mingle with students and learn about their beekeeping hopes and fears.    In addition, members of the Durham club may attend.   They've requested assistance from PCBA to get their own club going so this is our chance to find out what they need and how we might help.

I took the class 3 times before I worked up the nerve to take the certified beekeeper test ...and passed it!   Is anyone interested in forming a study group to work towards journeyman status?    I'm thinking about a group that might meet just once a quarter to give ourselves some deadlines and peer coaching as we work toward this goal.   Let me know!

And as always, let me know if there are changes or corrections to our December minutes.

Person County Beekeepers Association
Minutes
December 18, 2014

WELCOME AND THANK YOU FOR A GREAT YEAR!
Mary opened the meeting and thanked everyone for helping to make 2013 such a great year for PCBA.  Special thanks to Inge for extremely hard work on multiple projects and to the Savages for hosting our field days.

The group celebrated with a holiday potluck and “dirty Santa” gift exchange (uproarius).

RESPECTFULLY SUBMITTED
Lynn S. Wilson
12/19/14