person_county_beekeepers_association - Re: [PCBA] First draft of April 18 meeting minutes

  • From: Lewis Cauble <lewis AT hivebody.com>
  • To: Person County Beekeepers <person_county_beekeepers_association AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [PCBA] First draft of April 18 meeting minutes
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 12:36:00 -0400 (EDT)

Excellent notes Lynn!

I would note that Todd Walker brought the sugar shake jars.

Links to papers:

Biology and Control of Varroa Mites Technical details about varroa (where they came from, how they work, damage they do)

Varroa Mite Reproductive Biology  Easier to read version of how they reproduce.

German Bee Project  What to look for to identify colonies

Predictive Markers of Honey Bee Collapse

Managing Varroa Mites in Honey Bee Colonies  NCSU document on varroa.  Easy to read.  Good info.

Practical Sampling Plans For Varroa Destructor (technical version)

Standardized Sampling Plan to Detect Varroa Density in Colonies and Apiaries (easy version)

Extension Varroa Page

Thank you for the good work Lynn!

Lewis