person_county_beekeepers_association - [PCBA] Spring Meeting Update and GAP App

  • From: Inge Kautzmann <ibk AT imageray.net>
  • To: PCBA <person_county_beekeepers_association AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [PCBA] Spring Meeting Update and GAP App
  • Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 13:54:01 -0500

Title: Spring Meeting Update and GAP App
Hello All,

I have a few updates and items of interest as noted below.

Web Posting About NCSBA Spring Meeting
A few of us went to the NCSBA Spring Meeting in Rock Hill, SC this past weekend. We got snowed on, had a great time and learned a bunch. See the details of the event at the link below.

http://www.personcountybeekeepers.org/club-news/ncsbascsba-spring-meeting-rock-hill-sc/

Golden Achievement Program Application (GAP App)
At the spring meeting we turned in our GAP app. The GAP app is basically a year in review of everything the club did in 2012. It is intended to recognize the efforts of a Chapter along with its individual member endeavors at advancing the practice, science and community of beekeeping through its efforts each year.

The application is based on a point system and we get points for various activities and achievements. The Chapter with the most points receives a cash award and is honored with the distinguished title of Chapter of the Year. I have uploaded the application to the website and you can access it from the link below.

Compiling the information for the application made be realize just how much good stuff we did last year. Win  or loose, we have a lot to be proud of! I like to think of our club as the little engine that could. Many, Many thanks to all of you for making 2012 a great year and here’s to making 2013 even better.

http://www.personcountybeekeepers.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/PCBA-Gap-App-2013.pdf

Certification Practical Exams
Several of our members have completed the written portion of the first level of certification in the Master Beekeeper Program. To receive certification, a practical hands on test must be completed. According to my records, the following individuals have passed the written exam and would be eligible to take the practical exam this year. We are going to try and offer this at the 2013 Bee School Field Day on March 23rd. As soon as we have those details I’ll let you know but I wanted to get you thinking about this now.

Jane Gledhill
Mike Baker
Michele Warren
Amanda Blanks
Mac Blanks
Alma Allen
William Ferrell
Cecil White

Also, if there are any of you who have not taken the written portion of the certification exam, we will be offering it on the last day of the 2013 Bee School on March 21st (same day as our monthly meeting). If you would like to take the written exam, I need to know in advance so please let me know.

If you have scheduled your practical exam individually and have already passed, please let me know so that I can update my records.

Thanks,
Inge
VP, PCBA
ibk AT imageray.net
336-364-4077

  • [PCBA] Spring Meeting Update and GAP App, Inge Kautzmann, 03/05/2013