person_county_beekeepers_association - [PCBA] Bee School Info and Other Stuff

  • From: Inge Kautzmann <ibk AT imageray.net>
  • To: PCBA <person_county_beekeepers_association AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [PCBA] Bee School Info and Other Stuff
  • Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 19:06:40 -0500

Title: Bee School Info and Other Stuff
Hello All,

Hope you had a great weekend and that this week you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Below you will find some updates on a few things.

Minutes
The minutes we approved last week have been posted to the website, so be sure to check them out. They include lecture notes from Todd Warner’s talk on Low Impact Beekeeping.

Here’s the link: http://www.personcountybeekeepers.org/minutes/october-2012-minutes/

Website
About the website... I got the issues I was having with my photo library fixed and was finally able to post photos from some of the events we’ve had over the last several months. Going back to June they include the Personality Festival, National Honey Bee Day at the Farmer’s Market, our wax workshop and the state fair booth. Whew, we did lots of great stuff this year!

Bee School
The bee school details are set. We will begin class on January 17th at 7pm. The location is our regular meeting room. There is an announcement on the home page of the website for more details. Here is the pricing structure.

New Students: $40
Couples (sharing materials): $60
Returning Students (using materials from last year): $20
Returning Student with a partner (using materials from last year): $40

If you want to reserve a space in class you can either email me or contact Debbie Harrelson at the extension office.

I’ve also uploaded a couple of flyers for the school. If you have the opportunity to print them out and post them in your community, it would be greatly appreciated. You can download the flyers from the links below.

Flyer 1
http://www.personcountybeekeepers.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/School-Flyer-1.pdf

Flyer 2
http://www.personcountybeekeepers.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/School-Flyer-2.pdf

Monthly Meetings During Bee School
There will be no regular monthly club meeting in January. It falls on the first day of class and it will be too much to try and handle registration and conduct a business meeting.

We will hold a brief business meeting for the February and March meeting times prior to the bee school lecture for that night. We encourage all club members to attend. The February class lecture will be on Plants for Bees and the March class will be a Q&A discussion panel. During the March meeting we will be administering the Certification Level Exam for the Master Beekeeper Program. If you are not planning on taking the class, but would like to take the test you are welcome to do that, just let me know if that is your plan.

I think that’s it for now.
-Inge
336-364-4077

  • [PCBA] Bee School Info and Other Stuff, Inge Kautzmann, 11/18/2012