person_county_beekeepers_association - [PCBA] Meeting Minutes and Such

  • From: Inge Kautzmann <ibk AT imageray.net>
  • To: PCBA <person_county_beekeepers_association AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [PCBA] Meeting Minutes and Such
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 10:11:49 -0400

Title: Meeting Minutes and Such
Hello All,

Our monthly PCBA meeting is next Thursday (9/20/12) at 7pm at the Person County Office Building.

MEETING INFO
In preparation for our wax workshop to be held on the 22nd, this month’s talk will focus on wax. We will be conducting a wax mold making demonstration.

Meeting Location
Person County Cooperative Extension
304 South Morgan St., Room 165
Roxboro, NC 27573
http://maps.google.com/maps/place?q=Person+County+Cooperative+Extension+304+South+Morgan+St.,+Room+165++Roxboro,+NC+27573&hl=en&cid=12511781533329656406

MEETING REFRESHMENTS
Tom and Linda Savage are signed up for refreshments for this month’s meeting.

MINUTES
I neglected to have the July minutes ready at the last meeting so below you will find two sets of meeting minutes for your approval.

August Meeting Minutes
http://www.personcountybeekeepers.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/2012_08-PCBA-Minutes.pdf

July Meeting Minutes
http://www.personcountybeekeepers.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/2012_07-PCBA-Minutes.pdf

STATE FAIR BOOTH ITEMS
This is also our last meeting before the fair booth setup, so if you have anything for the booth please be sure to bring it to the meeting. A list of known items is below.

Pollinator Poster – Geneva Green
Bee Lining Poster – Geneva Green
Beekeeping Then and Now Poster – Inge Kautzmann
Calvin’s Sulfur Story Poster (to go with the bee box he made) – Inge Kautzmann
Stick with rag (for sulfur) – Calvin Boyd
Skep – Tim Gentry
Audio of beekeeping stories – Kim Buchanan
Gum Hive – Michele Warren
Misc old beekeeping gear – Geneva Green
Photos – EVERYONE

The photo part of the booth is where we are lacking the most so any photos you can dig up would be greatly appreciated.

WAX WORKSHOP
One of the items we will be making is wax votive vases like the pic below. So if you have any interesting flowers or foliage that you can dry and press before the 22nd that would be great.

And finally, the deadline for any State Fair Bees and Honey entries is September 20th. The entries for the booth have already been handled but if you plan on entering anything as an individual you’ll need to get your application in by the deadline.

See you next week.
Inge
-PCBA Secretary
336-364-4077
ibk AT imageray.net

  • [PCBA] Meeting Minutes and Such, Inge Kautzmann, 09/13/2012