person_county_beekeepers_association - [PCBA] Fwd: [NCSBA-Chapters] NC State Apiculture webinar Jan. 19th, hosted by Mecklenburg County Beekeepers

  • From: Mary Deitz <mdeitz625 AT gmail.com>
  • To: Person_County_Beekeepers_Association AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [PCBA] Fwd: [NCSBA-Chapters] NC State Apiculture webinar Jan. 19th, hosted by Mecklenburg County Beekeepers
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 14:38:20 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David R. Tarpy <david_tarpy AT ncsu.edu>
Date: Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 2:22 PM
To: David Tarpy <drtarpy AT gw.ncsu.edu>
Cc: County Listserv <ncsba-chapters-list AT rtpnet.org>, Keller Jennifer <jjkeller AT ncsu.edu>

Hi everyone,

Save the date! On the evening of Thursday, January 19th 2012, the Apiculture Program at NC State will be holding our second webinar on bees and beekeeping through Cooperative Extension's Elluminate software package. This event will be hosted by the Mecklenburg County Beekeepers, but all other clubs and individuals are encouraged to join. Please feel free to pass along this information to anyone who may be interested.

The topic will be "Coming out of winter", which will be timely for that time of year. The exact starting time, logon information, and other detailed instructions will be sent at a later time.

If you wish to participate during the live event, either as an individual or as an entire chapter, please let me know and I will add you to the session once it is created. If you would like to watch a recording of the event at a later time, we will make it available for viewing through your local Cooperative Extension office. The first webinar that we held a couple of months ago was a resounding success, as 8 county chapters logged on with over 400 people viewing it live, as well as 31 subsequent views of the session recording.

I look forward to the event and thank the Mecklenburg County Beekeepers for hosting. In the meantime, let me know if you have any questions or if you plan to attend! Sincerely, David

******************************
David R. Tarpy
Associate Professor and Extension Apiculturist
Department of Entomology, Campus Box 7613
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC  27695-7613
TEL: (919) 515-1660
FAX: (919) 515-7746