permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Permaculture Pioneer, Scott Pittman passed away peacefully, surrounded by family

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Permaculture Pioneer, Scott Pittman passed away peacefully, surrounded by family
  • Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2022 14:55:45 -0700

Scott's passing will be considered as much a loss to the pc community as
Mollison's was, in many substantial ways. I had such a high regard for his
thinking and writing skills. I rarely encountered an expert with such
impact during my entire lifetime. I was envious.
I had the habit of calling him on the phone once or twice a year for an
infusion of enthusiasm and to impart my current thinking to him. He
certainly stood his ground on the importance of the three pc ethics. He
will be much missed by me. I am so glad I got to talk with him within the
last three months.
He thought highly of this list though had issues with my thinking every now
and then. I always wanted to remain anonymous but sometimes couldn't resist
speaking out about hotbutton things. I am a true in depth believer in
permaculture and the preponderance of my enthusiasm is due to Scott's
influence and teaching.
It is the best thing to happen to mankind and Gaia in centuries. It has
staying power. Tribute to Toby Hemenway at this time is appropriate. He and
Scott were real leaders of the Permaculture movement and were always on the
same page.

I hope we hear from Jason Gerhardt who now runs the Permaculture Institute
and that he might post a tribute and some history.

Lawrence London
Chapel Hill, NC, USA
9194488556