permaculture - Re: [permaculture] The decline of the West and how it will affect your life

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Steve Hart <stevenlawrencehart@gmail.com>
  • To: William Horvath <william@permacultureapprentice.com>, europeanpermaculturenetwork <europeanpermaculturenetwork@googlegroups.com>, permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] The decline of the West and how it will affect your life
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2018 08:51:31 +1200

Yes Will...a subject worth discussing and realising for fear and
unwillingness to understand the big picture will create much conflict,
unnecessarily.

Where is your farm ?

The evolutionary cycles you offer I agree with. It does help one to gain a
better picture of the big picture and why are these people on the move.
There are countless similar examples through history. Always have been and
always will be. I am building your suggested solution. These were what
Mollison taught us was the best solution. I am in New Zealand. A country
the same size as UK and Japan with a multi-cultural society with huge
immigration over the last few years of Asians and Indians. In is a country
that has had many different waves of immigration.

I agree that Permaculture is the solution. But, do we need to identify the
problem ? facebook "ctrl-shift summit 2018" is a breath of fresh air,
opening many many great models, story, research and ways forward, a few
recipes and good debate.

So, Will, when 10 immigrants walk onto your farm, what job have you got to
offer them ? There are many many in fact thousands of sleeping
semi-derelict villages right through all 50 countries of Europe. Perhaps we
could stimulate this whole subject by creating a Europe wide *revillage the
villages* campaign. The Mollison model was to find land immediately
adjacent to a small rural village and slowly integrate the village so it
becomes a Permaculture Village. If we look at any village anywhere in
Europe and did an Advanced PDC on its revitalisation involving any number
of refugee families we would soon realise the solution. What is the problem
? The problem is..very few politicians and senior level bureaucrats have
done a PDC or even been invited to do a PDC or for that matter never been
approached with this solution. The answer is to find a couple who would
like a medal pinned on their chest to create this solution. I'm sure there
are a few mayors of these derelict villages who would love to have such a
social medal.

I look fwd to the debate

*Steve Hart*
*Ecology Architect*

Designer, Teacher, Builder of Ecologically Sustainable Resilient
Environments, through Urban Design, Architecture, Landscape Architecture
and Systems Ecology via Ecological Agriculture..

*Skype: tipenemanawaPhone: +64 220 75 62 11*

The Permaculture International College
https://permacultureeducation.com/
https://permaculturecollege.academia.edu/SteveHart
In association with www.organicag.co.nz & bdmax.co.nz