permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Question for Scott Pittman | Re: (60) Irgizli, A Beautiful village in the southern Urals - Vanishing Russian villages | YouTube

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Question for Scott Pittman | Re: (60) Irgizli, A Beautiful village in the southern Urals - Vanishing Russian villages | YouTube
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2018 17:58:30 -0400

On Sun, Jul 8, 2018 at 5:13 PM, Steve Hart <stevenlawrencehart@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Lawrence this is a subject familiar in many ways to rural villages the
> world over. We see similar patterns in every country. Young people are very
> aware of the bling, glamour and entertainment of city life and all the
> trappings that go with it. I've just spent a few months in Moldova invited
> to steer a project there.

Moldova is near Transylvania. Did you see the links I posted yesterday
about rural revitalization and history of that region? This is the best one:
Unspoiled Transylvania
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EreEponh_oQ
this is a very inspiring documentary

> The rural villages are empty but for the
> grandparents. The very small sparks of growth from regenerative resilience
> permaculture organic ecological or any other similar term is very rare. Of
> course the opportunities are huge. Are we at the end of one evolution and
> the start of a new ? Only time will tell. My time was curtailed by hidden
> agendas, politics, and ego as well as a few cossy little nests. Hopefully
> more of us will assist the little sparks we see ignited to build bigger
>

> fires. The Balkan Project is one good example. ..Steve Hart
>
> Yes, The Balkan Ecology Projet, BALKEP.
Balkan Ecology Project - Home
<https://www.facebook.com/balkanecologyproject/>
Amir Redžić <https://www.facebook.com/amir.redzic.14>